Bexley Football Club Coaches Code of Conduct
Set out below is The FA Coaches Association Code of Conduct (which reflects the standards expressed by the National Coaching Foundation and the National Association of Sports Coaches) which forms the benchmark for all involved in coaching.
1. Coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of each and every person and treat each equally within the context of the sport.
2. Coaches must place the well-being and safety of each player above all other considerations, including the development of performance.
3. Coaches must adhere to all guidelines laid down by governing bodies.
4. Coaches must develop an appropriate working relationship with each player based on mutual trust and respect.
5. Coaches must not exert undue influence to obtain personal benefit or reward.
6. Coaches must encourage and guide players to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.
7. Coaches must ensure that the activities they direct or advocate are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of players.
8. Coaches should, at the outset, clarify with the players (and, where appropriate, parents) exactly what is expected of them and also what they, as players, are entitled to expect from their coach.
9. Coaches must co-operate fully with other specialists (e.g. other coaches, officials, sports scientists, doctors, physiotherapists) in the best interests of the player.
10. Coaches must always promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play) and never condone violations of the Laws of the Game, behaviour contrary to the spirit of the Laws of the Game or relevant rules and regulations or the use of prohibited substances or techniques.
11. Coaches must consistently display high standards of behaviour and appearance.
12. Not to use or tolerate inappropriate language