Bexley Football Club Team Officials Code of Conduct
This Code applies to all team / club officials (although some items may not apply to all officials).
Obligations towards the Game -The team official should:
1. Set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters.
2. Promote and develop his own team having regard to the interest of the Players, Supporters and reputation of the national game.
3. Share knowledge and experience when invited to do so, taking into account the interest of the body that has requested this rather than personal interests.
4. Avoid all forms of gamesmanship.
5. Show due respect to Match Officials and others involved in the game.
6. Always have regard to the best interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion of the game and any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game.
7. Not use or tolerate inappropriate language.
Obligations towards the Team – The team official should:
1. Make every effort to develop the sporting, technical and tactical levels of the club/team, and to obtain the best results by the team, using all permitted means.
2. Give priority to the interests of the team over individual interests.
3. Resist all illegal or unsporting influences, including banned substances and techniques.
4. Promote ethical principles.
5. Show due respect to the interests of players, coaches and other officials, at their own club/team and others.
Obligations towards the Supporters – The team official should:
1. Show due respect to the interests of supporters. Respect towards the Match Officials
A team official should:
1. Accept the decisions of the Match Official without protest.
2. Avoid words or actions which may mislead a Match Official.
3. Show due respect towards Match Officials